Monday, March 28, 2011

Just one week


My last day at the orphanage seems like an eternity ago, but it has only been 7 days. Life has changed SO fast. I still can’t believe I was in the van that drove two sobbing girls out of the gate just one week ago. I still feel as if I could walk over and kiss all my kids goodnight in the evenings, or expect to see one come jump on me when I walk out of my room. Yes, it was good to see my family once again, but that only lasted three short days. Then more excitement came to accompany the sadness, shock, and overwhelmed feelings engulfing me. Brittany and Blake walked in my house! And the next morning we left for the biggest surprise of my life. We came back to Ecuador(where I was an SM 2 years ago) and surprised everyone! (except the principal and secretary we had to work out a few details with) No sleep, jet lag, culture shock, and adrenaline pumping through my body with the huge surprises we just pulled on the people here feels like another dream I’m living in. Though there were six times as many people, church felt empty today. I could only see ten kids from where I was sitting. My mind went back to all my kids in Bangladesh, the best kids in the world. I love them SO much and can’t describe how much I miss them. I would do almost anything to be with them again right now….but I know God has a reason for turning my life upside-down so fast and bringing me back to CADE right now. Bito, thank you for the priceless memories I’ve made and the opportunities You have in store for me here. Change is hard, and this change is fast, but You are in control of everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment